The Millennium Frame

 At long last, it is here! My Millennium frame arrived  a year sooner than I was expecting it! 😂 And it is glorious:

The wood is beautifully smooth, the whole thing feels so sturdy and well constructed, and it's not really that heavy. It is a beautifully crafted frame and will probably last me a lifetime. I'm so pleased with it.

Plus, it only took me about ten minutes to set it up the first time, but with practice, I expect it will take half that time. Which is incredible, considering it takes me two to three hours to set up a slate frame or JE frame.

And the fabric gets really taut! The half inch along the left and right edges isn't super firm, but everywhere else is. And I never stitch that close to the edge anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem. I ordered the 12" and 16" stretcher bars (it's set up on the 12" ones right now), and the 8-10" side stretchers, but I could already tell I would want larger size options with such a beautiful, solid, easy-to-set-up embroidery frame.

Since it only took four and a half months to arrive (and not the dire year and a half I'd been told to expect), I hypothesized that they must have gotten caught up on their backlog. So what's a girl to do? Order again! Lolz. 😂 

And that's what I did, I ordered a whole new frame with 24" stretcher bars and 12-14" side stretchers. And then I just went hog wild and decided that while I was paying that much for shipping from the UK, I might as well order the Necessaire stand! Which I did. Fingers crossed that they'll be here by Christmas! Though I've heard the stand can take longer, so we'll see.

I justified the $300 I spent in that frenzied moment of euphoria by the fact that I just got a great promotion at work one that I'd been working towards for a year. And fortunately, it came with a nice fat raise and a sweet bonus, which would more than cover the cost. So all-in-all, I think I've earned a little treat. And I cannot wait for it to arrive. This frame seems ideal for stitching my lace-bordered table runner on. But I will definitely need the bigger size for that.

Comments