Video: Bobbin Lace Half-Stitch

I took this video some time ago and shared it on a FB group, where it garnered a lot of interest. I thought it might be helpful to post it here as well — especially since I haven't done any blog posts on bobbin lace recently.

If you're interested in taking up bobbin lace, this video will give you a feel for how it works. I'm demonstrating a basic half-stitch:


My apologies that it's not a great angle. I shot it myself using a mini tripod balanced on some books on a TV tray. 😂 Not the most effective set-up, but it was the best I could do at the time since everyone was quarantining. Still, hopefully you'll get the idea.

Six years after first starting this hobby, I still love the rhythm and gentle clicking of the bobbins as I work a pattern. It's a very soothing, almost meditative pastime. I highly encourage you to give it a try if it piques your interest at all. And I promise, it's not as hard as it appears the first time you see it.


Comments